Beautiful and durable, James Hardie fiber cement siding is a lifetime permanent solution for protecting your home for years to come. Available in a variety of styles and prefinished colors, a James Hardie siding package installed by Polar Bear’s skilled craftsmen with the best warranty in the industry will be the last time you worry about your siding or having to paint.
It also comes with best return on resale value! Polar Bear excels as a trusted siding contractor for Seattle and Western Washington homeowners that want a beautiful long lasting and energy efficient siding replacement.
Why Chose James Hardie Color Plus as a Siding Solution?
• Beautiful look and texture of wood without the maintenance
• Quality, upscale feel and texture
• #1 Return on Investment in Home Improvement every year since 2005
• Money magazine singles out HardiePlank as a great value; a smart investment that delivers on durability
• #1 Quality Exterior lap siding for the past 13 years: Builder Magazine
• Re-siding with fiber cement board gives you a 27% better ROI than adding a bathroom and costs $27k less to complete
• Resists damage from extended exposure to humidity, rain, show, salt air and winds up to 150 mph
• Under normal conditions with not crack, rot or delaminate
• Will not burn, zero flame-spread index and zero smoke-development number
• 21 color choice options – all cuts are sealed with matched edge coater, nail heads sealed with touch up pen and all gaps sealed with Quad OSI color-matched caulking
• Baked on finish – NO PAINTING for probably 20+ years
• Coating is fade-resistant, up to 30% better than field spraying
• No VOCs in the coating – good for the environment
• Color coating developed by Valspar, specifically produced to bond to the HardiePlank
• 30 year non-prorated transferrable warranty on labor and materials. Single source – no 3rd party warranty issues
• 15 year warranty on color coat
• Made from sustainable, locally-sourced products and manufactured locally
• Silica mined from Crystal mountain
• Cellulose from sustainably grown Oregon lumber
• Completely asbestos-free
• HardiWrap Weather Barrier is the Industry leader in Water Resistance (holds water out), Breathability (allows wall cavity to dry), Air Resistance (resists air penetration to improve energy efficiency). Different wraps for different climate zones – HardieWrap is “engineered for climate”
• Can upgrade insulation value of walls with foam insulation boards
Wood and Wood Composites – requires routine maintenance, re-painting, etc. Very flammable, will burn when exposed to heat or flame. Rot caused by moisture exposure is a constant problem- causes cracking and flaking. These products are easily damaged by woodpeckers, termites and other pests.
Vinyl – has problems with cracking, warping, fading and deterioration. Melts or burns when exposed to a source of heat or flame. Color cannot be changed and noticeably fades at different rates, losing its original looks and creating color inconsistency. Becomes brittle when exposed to extremely cold weather and easily damaged wind and hail. The unnatural, imitation-look lacks character and curb appeal.